Behavioral Responses to Fisheries Policy
- "Reducing the Prohibited Species Catch of Pacific Halibut: A Prospective Analysis of Fleet Behavior in the North Pacific Groundfish Fisheries," with Joshua Abbott and Alan Haynie.
- “Modeling Fleet Behavior in a Multispecies Fishery with Output Quotas: An Annual Planning Approach," with Dawn Dougherty, Chris Anderson, Keita Abe, Alan Haynie, Ray Hilborn, and Jim Ianelli.
- “Dynamic Choice of Target Species: Estimation and Policy Simulation for the Alaskan Pollock Fishery,” with Keita Abe and Chris Anderson.
- “Socioeconomic Impacts of Fisheries Management Changes: Connecting Fishery Policies to Fishing Portfolios,” with Kailin Kroetz, Jim Sanchirico, and Dan Lew.
- “Managing for Spillovers Across Limited-Entry Fisheries,” with Billy Swanson.
- “Pricing the Risk of Commercial Fishing,” with Billy Swanson.
- "Empirical Models of Fisheries Production: Conflating Technology with Incentives?" with J.K. Abbott and A.C. Haynie.
- "Fisheries Production: Spatial Choice, Management, and the Quest Policy Invariance," with J.K. Abbott and J.E. Wilen.
- "Hidden Flexibilities: Institutions, Incentives, and the Margins of Selectivity in Fishing," with J.K. Abbott and A.C. Haynie.
- "Unraveling the Multiple Margins of Rent Generation from Individual Transferable Quotas," with J.K. Abbott and J.E. Wilen.
- "Modeling Biological and Economic Implications of Layered Management Measures for Bering Sea Groundfish Fisheries," with D. Dougherty, C. Anderson, K. Abe, R. Hilborn, G. Knapp.
- "Universal Cash Transfers Reduce Childhood Obesity Rates,” with Brett Watson and Mouhcine Guettabi (Under review).
- "Short-Term Labor Responses to Unconditional Cash Transfers," with Andrew Bibler and Mouhcine Guettabi.
- "Universal Cash and Crime,” with Brett Watson and Mouhcine Guettabi.
- “Short-run Impacts of a Severance Tax Change: Evidence from Alaska," with Mouhcine Guettabi and Audrey-Loraine Tanaka.
- “Mechanisms Matter for Evaluating the Economic Impacts of Marine Reserves,” with Alan Haynie.
- “Commercial Fishing and Local Economic Multipliers: Evidence from Alaska,” with Brett Watson and Mouhcine Guettabi.
- "Alaskan Fishing Community Revenues and the Stabilizing Role of Fishing Portfolios," with S.A. Sethi and G. Knapp.
- “Unintended Consequences of Enforcement in a Cooperative Institution: Experimental Evidence from Tanzanian Fishers," with Spencer MacColl, Paul Onyango, and Yaniv Stopnitzky.
- “Identifying the Potential for Cross-Fishery Spillovers: A Network Analysis of Alaskan Permitting Patterns,” with Ethan Addicott, Kailin Kroetz, Justine Huetteman, Dan Lew, and Jim Sanchirico.
- "Defining the Economic Scope for Ecosystem-Based Fishery Management," with Kailin Kroetz, Justine Huetteman, Dan Lew, and Jim Sanchirico.
Decision Methods for Managing Human-Ecological Systems
- “Changing the Paradigm of Halibut Management in Alaska,” with Courtney Carothers, Courtney Lyons, and Curry Cunningham.
- "A Co-Viability Approach to Managing Multi-Use Fisheries for Pacific Halibut in the Bering Sea," with Curry Cunningham.
- "Integrated Assessment of Ecosystem Management and Hydropower Generation in Endangered Species Recovery," with Lucas Bair.
- “Identifying Cost-Effective Invasive Species Control to Enhance Endangered Species Populations in the Grand Canyon, USA,” with Lucas Bair, Charles Yackulic, Michael Springborn, Craig Bond, and Lew Coggins.